Right now I teach 5th and 6th graders (with Jill) on Wednesday nights and WW II generation class on Sunday mornings called “Joyful Class.” I’ve found they–and perhaps everyone in between–like some of the same things:
- Stories with suspense
- Sticking to the Bible and its core messages and not tangents
- Personal testimonies or ways of bringing the text of Scripture to the here and now
- Remembering their names and hearing what they have to say
- Seeing and hearing the point with audio/visuals
- Being challenged to go deeper into the word themselves
What are other things that help all ages learn?