It’s all about energy. Whether you’re leading a nonprofit, running a private company, doing something outdoors, or conducting military operations–you have to build habits that keep your energy high. This is my formula:
- Vigorous exercise: Six days a week, I walk out of a gym, a dojo, or off a track pouring with sweat. When I have a great workout, I rarely have a bad day.
- Good fuel: When I eat clean, quality food during my day, my energy never sags.
- Good partners: Working with a team of positive people keeps your spirits up.
- Balance: I pray every day, and I also laugh, a lot. You won’t have focus without balance.
- A goal: A worthy challenge will take care of your motivation for you.